Every Summer you can count on the Park District to offer swim lessons to help you & your children sharpen your skills no matter what your level, from beginner to advanced. We offer a fun and safe learning environment for all levels. Swim lessons are also offered during Summer Camp.
- Private/Semi Private Swim Lessons
- Learn to Swim Program
- BEGINNER LEVEL - Basic water skills. Students begin to develop their fundamental skills of swimming.
- ADVANCED BEGINNER LEVEL - Students are introduced to new skills while working on previous learned skills and begin to increase the distance they are swimming.
- INTERMEDIATE LEVEL - Students continue to build on the skills through practice and drills while working on stroke development and endurance.
- ADVANCED LEVEL - Students continue to work on refining their strokes further with an advanced level of proficiency.
- Parent-Child Swim Program
Typhoon Swim Team
The Typhoons are a member of the Northern Illinois Swim Conference. The emphasis of the Conference is placed on learning competitive skills, enjoyment of the sport, and lifelong participation in swimming. The Conference focuses on dual meets and these meets are strictly for experience purposes. Practices are held weekdays Monday - Friday starting at 4:30pm. Length of practice will depend on level of swimmer. There are five dual meets and a Conference Championship Meet all held on Wednesdays. For children who are 8 years old and younger, you must be able to swim the whole length of the pool (25 yards) without assistance. Children ages 9 and older must be able to swim 50 yards without assistance. Also, parent volunteers will be a key factor to this program. The Typhoon Swim Team needs parents to help volunteer with the concession stand, timers and scores. A $35 volunteer deposit (per family) is due at the time of sign up. Only parents who volunteer at one home swim team will be refunded their deposit. Age 6Y-18Y