Every Summer you can count on the Park District to offer swim lessons to help you & your children sharpen your skills no matter what your level, from beginner to advanced. We offer a fun and safe learning environment for all levels. Swim lessons are also offered during Summer Camp.
- Private/Semi Private Swim Lessons
- Learn to Swim Program
- BEGINNER LEVEL - Basic water skills. Students begin to develop their fundamental skills of swimming.
- ADVANCED BEGINNER LEVEL - Students are introduced to new skills while working on previous learned skills and begin to increase the distance they are swimming.
- INTERMEDIATE LEVEL - Students continue to build on the skills through practice and drills while working on stroke development and endurance.
- ADVANCED LEVEL - Students continue to work on refining their strokes further with an advanced level of proficiency.
- Parent-Child Swim Program
Typhoon Swim Team
The Typhoons Swim Team is part of the Northern Illinois Swim Conference. The emphasis of this
conference is placed on learning competitive skills, enjoyment of the sport, and lifelong
participation in swimming. The conference has dual meets every week, which allow participants to
gain experience. There are five dual meets, all held on Wednesdays. Children 9 years old must be
able to swim 50 yards non-stop and 6 years old must be able to swim the length of the pool without
assistance. Volunteer parents are needed for the home swim meet, please sign up to help at the
parent meeting. The cost of swim team includes a shirt, suit, and swim cap.
Mandatory Parents Meeting: Saturday June 10th at 9:00 am
Practices: M-F 4:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m. for 6Y-9Y and M-F 4:30 p.m.-6:00 p.m. for 10Y-18Y
Code # 110002-01 Dates: 6/12-7/26 Fee: $168(R) $188(NR)
Home: July 5 & July 19
Away: June 21, July 12 & July 26